So for a whole MONTH I spent my nights and weekends JUST SANDING & finishing; the most tedious part of this project by far. Over the past week I've been painting and mixing up my own pigments using Milk Paint. I chose this medium because it gives more of a matte finish and I didn't want it to look like a plastic cast, although, I did have to clear coat it with a subtle sheen to seal in the paint. I'll probably add some detailed gold border, I'm thinking a vine pattern, to the green of the blanket. The round base and brass twisted pole come in the mail this week.
INSTALLATION IS NEXT WEEKEND. SHE WILL BE IN THE WINDOW DISPLAY OF THE MCNALLY JACKSON BOOKSTORE IN SOHO FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON!
OH AND HER NAME IS BONNIE